The Drastic YCbCr codec for QuickTime, Video For Windows and Direct Show allowed third party applications to use files (AVI and MOV primarily) generated by Drastic's Titan Series DDRs, MediaNXS batch I/O software and MediaReactor file transcoding software. This codec is a legacy software that is still available from Drastic. It has been incorporated into the MediaReactor Workstation software for Windows and macOS. The original codec has been kindly maintained by Mickey Lee Jones.
NOTE: This area contains legacy material from previous Drastic Technologies websites. It is provided for reference only, and contains information, products and links that may no longer exist and which are no longer supported by Drastic. For current Drastic Technologies products, please see our main site here:
NOTE: Mickey Lee Jones of MediaClipArt Productions has kindly worked very hard to update these codecs to inlude better installers and uninstallers, and he has added (earlier, currently unsupported OS versions, as well as) Window 8 support. We greatly appreciate his efforts, and highly recommend his installer made available below. We would also like to thank Nicolas Ott for all his hardware testing many configurations of the codec.
3.x Release with alpha channel support!
This Y'CbCr codec includes support for a wide variety of four'cc compression codes including:
- I420, IYUV, YV12 - 4:2:0 8 Bit Planar
- UYVY, YUY2, 2vuy, 2Vuy, yuv2 - 8 Bit Interleaved 4:2:2
- YVYU, YUYV, YUNV, UYNV, cyuv - 8 Bit Interleaved 4:2:2
- V422, P422 - 4:2:2 8 Bit Planar
- v210, 012v - 4:2:2 10 Bit Interleaved
- auv2 - 4:2:2:4 8 Bit Interleaved
- a12v - 4:2:2:4 10 Bit Interleaved
The codecs support cross conversion between YCbCr colors paces as well as conversion to and from RGB/BGR24, RGBA/BGRA32. For translating between RGB(A) and YCbCr (also called YUV by some manufacturers), the Drastic codec provides a wide variety of transform matrices included CCIR 601, RP 709, SMPTE 240M and SMPTE 274M. Each may use full scale (computer) translation or the more traditional video scale (sRGB/SMPTE) for translation. Separate matrices are available for encoding and decoding as well as HD and SD material for maximum flexibility.
- CCIR 601-2 Standard Video Range (Y 64..940)
- CCIR 601-2 Extended Range (Y 0..1023)
- SMPTE 240M Standard Video Range
- SMPTE 240M Extended Range (Y 0..1023)
- SMPTE 274M Standard Video Range
- SMPTE 274M Extended Range (Y 0..1023)
- For SMPTE 293, use CCIR 601-2
- For SMPTE RP-177, use SMPTE 274M
- For ITU-R BT 709-2, use SMPTE 274M
- For 709-1, use SMPTE 240M
- For SMPTE 296M, use SMPTE 274M
- For Vesa, use SMPTE 274M
Updated (SP18a/Dec 18th, 2016) for Windows 8 & 10
by Mickey Lee Jones of MediaClipArt Productions
- Please note, if you download SP18 Dec 12th, please get SP18 Dec 18th, as the 12th version was a beta and was not supposed to be released.
- SP18 contains important updates with critical fixes for some and DSLRs and NLEs with 64 bit systems)
- These codecs should not be installed with MediaReactor or on DrasticDDRs as they are already installed
- Please read the included Instructions before installing the Drastic Codecs.
Available install versions:
Version 2.9, 3.0, 3.4, and 3.5 (all included in a single file now)
Version 3.0 - Recommended for Windows 9x to XP (32 Bit)
Version 3.5 - Recommended for Windows XP to 10 (32/64 Bit)
The DTYCRCB18 download contains all four versions. The single versions are no longer available.
Our "CapTool" Capture Application from previous versions (Win 9x to XP 32 Bit ONLY !)