Drastic Corporate Profile
Drastic Technologies Ltd, founded in 1991, is a proven industry provider of products for digital video capture, control, conversion and delivery. These products are sold as integrated hardware solutions as well as end user and OEM software components.
Drastic’s strength lies in its modular, field proven, core technologies for the manipulation of digital video and audio. Key software components include: RS-422 serial control, VTR/Server Serial Emulation, real-time production HD-SDI I/O and high speed media file conversions. All of Drastic's technologies use open, industry standard formats and protocols. This allows simple and seamless integration with other software, SAN/NAS and local file systems, as well as traditional production and broadcast equipment.
From these core components, Drastic builds a variety of products, including:
- 4KScope signal analysis software for waveform, vector scope and histogram display
- ccConvert closed caption transcoding, verification, and playback
- FlowCaster a high quality/low latency over the shoulder remote monitoring system
- MediaReactor real-time and offline file translation software
- Net-X-Code a network audio and video stream capture application with real time translation to various formats
- videoQC signal analysis software, with I/O, scopes, reports, comparison and more
- Drastic SDKs of selected technologies including VTR control, file reading/translation and previewing
4KScope is an up to 4K software waveform, vectorscope, histogram and monitor, available for AJA, Bluefish444 and Blackmagic hardware. Designed for on set, production, post production, and research and development environments, as well as device or facility installation, setup, commissioning and certification and other operational reference.
ccConvert offers transcoding between most major formats of closed captions, provides a verification application, and also a media player to display the closed captions.
FlowCaster is the world’s first “over the shoulder” remote monitoring solution for Adobe, Avid, Resolve, Desktop and SDI/HDMI workflows. Now your collaborative production team can get high quality/low latency remote monitoring anywhere in the world using their PCs, tablets, phones or Apple TVs.
MediaReactor file conversion software allows the user to convert between dozens of digital media file types including streaming video files, high quality still image/ graphic and audio file types. Features include batch processing, an aggressive preview app, and support for a wide range of industry standard file types. Standalone, networked and plugin versions are available. MediaReactor supports a wide range of file/container types and can read/write most common post, broadcast and internet codecs.
Net-X-Code is a network audio and video stream capture application with real time translation to multiple standard file formats like MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-2, MOV/h264 and uncompressed MOV or AVI. It also includes NetStreamer for setting up RTP streams, MediaReactor components for media file transcoding and DrasticPreview VGA/DVI media player.
videoQC signal analysis software offers a set of tools for Automated or Manual Quality Control on file-based media. videoQC provides a player, support for hardware output, a full set of scopes, comparisons, reports and more. Fully enable your digital media operation with key quality control and quality assurance features. Workflow specific product levels provide an excellent return on investment, whether production house or enterprise.
Drastic Software Developer Kits offer a range of tools for the developer of custom video and audio capture, control and playback applications. Specific SDK packages include:
- DTMediaRead SDK - Build MediaReactor file import into your application.
- DTMediaWrite SDK - Build MediaReactor file import into your application.
A few of the well respected facilities across North America and internationally we are proud to list as customers are:
- Technicolor (US, Europe and Canada )
- ByDeluxe (US, Europe and Canada )
- Thomson/Grass Valley ( Europe )
- Rogers Cable
- Warner Bros
- BWM/ICTIRT (European Standards Group)
- Microsoft Studios
Some of our OEM relationships include:
- Catapult Sports (XOS Digital)
- Bright Systems
Locations and Resellers
Drastic’s head office is located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Drastic Technologies Ltd. has resellers and distributors operating in the USA, Canada, Europe, Australia, and Asia.