Java on Dual Monitors - NVidia vs. Java. There are setups required on some systems to allow QuickClipXO and VTRIF to display full screen on the second DVI or VGA monitor.
On some NVidia driver revisions, Java will upset the Direct Draw 3d implementation when using two monitors, even when only using 2D software (like QuickClipXO). Normally this shows up as a temporary (or occasionally permanent) freeze of the system and a blank second monitor. To correct this problem, change the following environment variable:
1. Start->Control Panel->System
2. Click the Advanced Tab
3. Click the Environment Variables button
4. Click the New button
5. For Variable name: _JAVA_OPTIONS
6. For Variable value: -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false
That has fixed the problem on all the systems we have encountered so far, but if it doesn't on yours you can try these values as well:
- -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false as above
- -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true is the extreme case, as a last resort.