Digital Disk Recorders
Drastic's Digital Disk Recorders (DDRs) range from ultra-portable on-camera recorders to 2K/4K post production workhorses, and devices for most applications in between. Drastic DDRs feature wide compressed and uncompressed file format support including DPX, MOV, AVI, MXF, and TGA. Standard compression types include DV25/50/HD, AVCi, DNxHD, ProRes, MPEG-1/2/4 and h.264. Up to 16 channels of audio are available in 16, 20, 24 or 32 bits per sample and can be saved inside the video stream, or as WAVE or AIFF files. Control of the DDRs is provided not only through a group of workflow specific user interfaces, but also through standard protocol RS-422 control (as master or slave), web browser HTML/Ajax control and remote direct network operation. Drastic's DDRs support industry standards and protocols to make them completely interoperable with legacy, contemporary and future devices and workflows.
Video I/O Software
Drastic provides a series of video input/output applications based on its award winning DDRs from targeted applications up to the complete feature set of a Drastic DDR.
- DrasticPreview outputs a wide range of file formats using VGA/DVI outputs for review and collaboration purposes.
- MediaNXS video I/O software provides easy capture/playback with control over an external VTR for pull-ins and laybacks, and optional VTR slave mode functionality.
- 4KScope provides wave form monitors (RGB and YCbCr), a vector scope, histogram and Drastic's Luma Stick for video signal quality assurance, test and measurement.
- SyncControl allows the user to synchronize start/stop recording and playback for multiple Drastic DDR instances, for multiple ingest and display applications.
- Drastic DDR OEM provides a full featured software DDR for qualified OEMs to build their own device. Drastic's video I/O software takes advantage of real time hardware capabilities and Drastic's wide file format support to provide unparalleled media creation, control, conversion and output.
Originally designed in 1995, MediaReactor is the most mature media file translation system in the market today. Designed specifically for the needs of the post production and broadcast marketplace, MediaReactor specializes in converting the standard files currently used in production with the least change or modification to the content possible. MediaReactor supports reading, writing and converting a huge number of file formats.
There are two versions of MediaReactor: A distributed client/server system and a local, application enabled, workstation software. MediaReactor Server provides scalable performance and creative station offload. MediaReactor Workstation works directly with your software, such as Final Cut Pro, Adobe Creative Suite and other QuickTime/DirectShow/Adobe applications as a set of direct plug ins, as well as providing a simplified interface for file to file translation.
Network Video Streaming
With Net-X-Code software, the user can set up a system for automated network capture of RDP and UDP streams. The files are saved in their original format and optionally may be converted to a proxy file as they are being captured. Proxy file types currently include MPEG-1/2/4 and h.264.
Software Development Kits (SDK) and APIs
Many of Drastic's core technologies are available as SDKs for OEMs or APIs. Build our features into your workflow or application.
DrasticDDR SDK - use this SDK to provide your application with advanced capture and playback capabilities, up to a full DDR depending on your requirements, and optionally integrate custom features and/or branding
MediaRead SDK - use this SDK to allow your application to read many file types and optionally import them to a specified format
MediaReactor SDK - use this SDK to build our media transcoding features into your application.
MediaCmd Control SDK - use this SDK to build control over external VTRs (act as a controller device to enable pull-ins and laybacks from VTRs and supported DDRs) into your application.
MediaCmd Emulation SDK - use this SDK to build operation under RS-422 serial control (VTR Emulation) into your application.